Welcome to St Mary’s Catholic Church, East Finchley
The return of Public Mass:
As expected, the Government has given permission for public worship with certain safeguards in place. Our first Public Mass will be on Monday 6th July at 7pm. Bishops have not lifted the Sunday obligation suspension, which means you are not required to attend Mass on Sunday. Every weekday Mass will now serve as a Sunday, and it is suggested that you attend one Mass in the week.
Social distancing guidelines mean that St Mary’s can accommodate 60 parishioners at each Mass. I have tried to give as many alternative Mass times during the week to spread out our normal Sunday congregation. Remember – any Mass will serve as a Sunday.
It is most important that we can track and trace everyone who comes to Mass should the need arise, and also that we can comply with the restrictions that apply to our numbers. Therefore, you MUST inform us beforehand if you are planning on coming to a particular Mass.
Please either email the Parish (firstname.lastname@example.org), or phone 07592 183178 or call into the Parish Office. We will need your name, phone number or email address, details of the Mass you wish to attend and the number of people from your household coming with you.
If you have not supplied these details beforehand, you will not be able to attend the Mass. You cannot just turn up on the spur of the moment.
The new Mass timetable will be:
Monday - 7pm
Tuesday - 10am
Wednesday - NO MASS
Thursday - 7pm
Friday - 10am
Saturday - 5pm
Sunday - 10am (Streamed only-no public attendance)
Mass will be half an hour or less in length.
Due to time constraints there will be no second reading, creed, or prayers of the faithful. There will be no singing, or misalettes.
Offertory money can be deposited in baskets as you enter the porch.
All Masses will be streamed for those shielding at home.
NINE GOLDEN RULES ABOUT PUBLIC MASS AT ST MARY'S
1. Remember – every day is a Sunday. You need only attend one Mass a week. You MUST book to come to Mass
2. Please do not come to Mass if you are in the vulnerable category and shielding at home.
3. Please do not come to Mass if you are feeling unwell.
4. Social distancing guidelines mean that St Mary’s can only accommodate 60 parishioners at each Mass.
5. Please remember to alcohol gel your hands when you enter and leave the church.
6. You must leave two seats empty between you or your family group and the next parishioner.
7. Communion will only be given in the hand.
8. Holy Communion will be given after the final blessing and then you must leave the church.
9. You must not leave any personal belongings behind in church.
MOST OF ALL – WELCOME BACK!